Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Thoughts While Running Outside




In my last post I mentioned that I've been using the treadmill as a sort of security blanket. Because of that pesky ADHD, sometimes I think too much.



So, in the spirit of keeping it real, here are thoughts that go through my head when I'm running in public:


Oh my god, is that my breathing?




Shit, this is hard.




Ooh a lizard/cat/cool bug!!! I must stop and look/pet/chase after it.




Oh my god, there was big rock right there. What if I'd tripped on it and hurt my ankle? 
(Imagine and re-imagine said scenario for at least a quarter of a mile)




Seriously, I sound like a wildebeest.




Faster. I need to go faster.
 OMG I'm awesome.




Okay too fast.




That person is going to think I need medical attention thanks
 to my abnormally loud breathing. 
I better say hello as loudly as I can so they know I'm okay.


 

Why am I veering to the right? (Imagine I'm a car with alignment problems. 
Figure out what kind of car I would be.)




I hope I don't stumble off this 2 inch curb and hurt my ankle. 
(Dwell on new scenario for another quarter mile.)





DONE!




I am a total badass.



It doesn't take an expert to figure out that I'm self-conscious of my breathing and terrified of hurting my ankle again. We all have our issues...the important part is that I get out there, get my miles in, and feel super awesome afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment