Thursday, January 15, 2015

Things I Ate Thursday


I take Instagram very seriously. I use seemingly endless hashtags, make my family wait to eat until I take a satisfactory picture of our food, and embarrass myself taking food pictures out in public.



Oh, Joffrey.


Not all of you will want to be subjected to my IG feed (connect with me over there if you want, I also share lots of cute animal pictures), so I will be doing a weekly round-up of what I ate that week here on the blog. The good, the bad, the meh. Consider it a (albeit incomplete) food journal- this is a weight loss blog, after all. On the subject of calories, I do try to stay around 1400 calories per day. Some days (especially if I've exercised) I'll go a little above, on rest days I might be a little below.

I like sharing my meals because I love showing people that a vegan diet isn't all grass and twigs.





Thursday- leftovers of this creamy curry (from the Oh She Glows cookbook)




Friday- mini burritos stuffed with mexican tofu scramble and avocado 





Saturday- we went to the Arizona Vegetarian Food Festival, where I failed to photograph my frito pie from the Vegtacular food truck (in my defense, I didn't know I was going to start a blog this week)




 Mustache pretzels are a thing





Monday- Queso Blanco bowl from Isa Does It




Tuesday (and Wednesday lunch)- 40 Clove Broccoli and Chickpeas from Appetite For Reduction





Tonight- Greek takeout, much yum. This veggie combo plate lasts at least two meals, so I will be having this again at some point over the weekend.






Looking over My Fitness Pal (connect with me if you're on there!), I actually did pretty well this week and ate right within my 1300-1500 range all week.




Those of you trying to lose weight, share your accomplishments!

What was your favorite meal this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment