Monday, January 19, 2015

I did it!



After spending all of yesterday trying to come up with a good excuse to push my 3-miler to today, I finally admitted defeat, got my playlist ready, and hopped on the treadmill (after almost 2 years here in the desert, my lungs have come to think of anything under 70 as cold and worthy of an asthma attack, so I've been running inside for the last month or so).

And I DID IT!




So much of running is a mental challenge for me. It starts to feel physically difficult, and my brain (and body) just want to quit. Stopping is never an option. If I feel like I need a break, I just slow down.




Or, as Martin Luther King Jr said:




I maintained my 13 minute mile pace for all 3 miles, so I'm going to rethink my time goal for the 5k next weekend. I had initially wanted to finish under 40, but I can definitely push myself to go faster.

I (actually, my screaming muscles) made the decision to swap Wednesday's rest day with today's 1 miler so I can take it easy. During my short 1 mile runs, I usually work on speed- this really helps me with setting a new "normal" pace for myself. I don't know how fast I can go unless I push myself!





No comments:

Post a Comment